- Global Value Chain and Customs
- Turkey’s transport infrastructure is connected to Europe
- Borusan Lojistik eyes to enter top ten globally
- Militzer&Münch’s new route of growth passes through Turkey
- CEVA’s Vietnam expansion
- 2013 may go bad for the ship owners
- MSC to increase capacity in the Mediterranean
- Batu Logistics provides the benefits of WCA network
- Genel Transport, eyeing place among IATA’s Top 10
- Air cargo bridge to Turkic Republics by Dogruer Logistics
Ankara set sail with the container train
2012/12/25 - 14:37:00
The container train that ensures the connection of the industrialists of Ankara to Izmir and Mersin Ports was seen off for the second time from Ankara 1st Organized Industry Zone to Mersin Port.
For the container train that conducted its first trip in September, a ceremony was held on 11 October at Sincan Organized Industry Zone. Stating that they prefer the ovens they export to be sent from Ankara to Mersin Port via the container train, Ahmet Kaya, President of the Executive Committee of Termikel A.Ş., said, “It is necessary that the industrialists making investments in central Anatolia reach the ports economically. The industrialists wish fast, economic, and safe transportation. And the container train provides us with this possibility.” Kaya stated that their cargoes consisting of 33 cars reached Mersin Port in 22 hours and then they are sent abroad from there and that they had set the objective to increase their railroad transportation ratios.