- Global Value Chain and Customs
- Turkey’s transport infrastructure is connected to Europe
- Borusan Lojistik eyes to enter top ten globally
- Militzer&Münch’s new route of growth passes through Turkey
- CEVA’s Vietnam expansion
- 2013 may go bad for the ship owners
- MSC to increase capacity in the Mediterranean
- Batu Logistics provides the benefits of WCA network
- Genel Transport, eyeing place among IATA’s Top 10
- Air cargo bridge to Turkic Republics by Dogruer Logistics
Ekol expands its intermodal services
2012/12/27 - 13:52:00
Ekol Logistics is improving its intermodal services with the new investment of 4.5mln Euro in Romania.
Ekol Logistics, which will add 50 Volvo FH12 tow trucks to its fleet in Romania by the end of May, will transport without any delay by means of intermodal system applied in import and export process. Ekol Logistics, which will include 460 HP Euro 5 motor vehicles with 13 liters of engine volume, and which are suitable for ADR transportation, will also employ 70 new personnel for the operation of these vehicles. For importation process, Ekol Logistics has added Arad line to its intermodal route recently and the Company will transfer the vehicles from Arad with Romanian-plate trucks to Constanza Harbor, and then to Turkey with Ro-Ro vessels through Pendik Harbor. For exportation process, the vehicles, which will be boarded on Ro-Ro from Pendik, will arrive at Constanza within 12 hours. The freight will be transferred from Constanza to Arad through highway with Romanian-plate trucks and will be loaded on train. With this investment, Ekol Logistics will improve both its intermodal line and improve its service network in Romania and in the commercial traffic between Romania and neighboring countries.