- Global Value Chain and Customs
- Turkey’s transport infrastructure is connected to Europe
- Borusan Lojistik eyes to enter top ten globally
- Militzer&Münch’s new route of growth passes through Turkey
- CEVA’s Vietnam expansion
- 2013 may go bad for the ship owners
- MSC to increase capacity in the Mediterranean
- Batu Logistics provides the benefits of WCA network
- Genel Transport, eyeing place among IATA’s Top 10
- Air cargo bridge to Turkic Republics by Dogruer Logistics
Railroad expansion from Uzbekistan to Afghanistan
2013/02/26 - 20:42:00
Uzbekistan has announced that its State Railroads Company will establish a railroad line that will connect Afghanistan's Kabul and Mezar-ı Şerif cities.
In the announcement made by the company, it has been emphasized that the construction of 106 km of railroads and 10 railroad bridges that connect Hayratan and Mezar-ı Şerif cities of Afghanistan, which are on the Uzbek boundaries, has been completed in 2010. According to the information, the aforementioned railroad, which goes up to Mezar-ı Şerif, will be connected to Kabul and then to the Iran boundary of Afghanistan. In 2010, Uzbekistan State Railroads has completed the construction of Hayratan-Mezar-ı Şerif railroad that worth 170 million dollars with 165 million dollars of credit from Asian Development Bank and 5 million dollars of resource from Afghanistan government.